Saturday, August 9, 2014

Surprise Kittens!

So last night at 8:30pm I heard a knock at my door and it was my neighbor with two half dead little kittens for me. I apparently am the cat lady now lol

They were in bad shape, nothing but bones. When they handed me the first one I thought it was already dead by how listless its body was. I didn't think that one was going to make it through the night at first.

When you pet them and all you can feel is their spine it breaks your heart. They were covered in dirt and burs. Like every inch of their fur was tangled in burs that I had to pick out. It took forever and was probably good that they had no energy because it was not fun pulling them out :( But I bet they feel alot better now.

I was afraid my husband would be mad at me for taking them in. I just could not tell them no when they were in such bad shape.

But right away he was amazing, comforted me because I was in panic mode with worry over them. And he told me to stay with the kittens while he ran to the store to buy formula. awww. He also named them...Hope & Faith. I think one might be a boy though lol. One is black & the other is a diluted calico. Very adorable.

I am not sure what I am going to do with them right now. I texted my contact at the shelter last night and they said they would take them but I am not sure if they will at this age. I am assuming 3-4 weeks. I guess I may need to foster them until they are old enough. Not sure how my husband will feel about that.

It kindof puts a ? on today's plans though. We were supposed to drive down to my inlaws, who are about an hour and a half away, and spend the day doing a cookout and seeing family.

The kittens need to be fed about every 3-4 hours. So either I stay home...which I haven't been able to go visit them in a while because last time they had a get together I had foster kittens then too. Or I take the kittens with us. I will see what DH thinks I guess.

I spent all day yesterday baking zucchini mini bread loafs & mini muffins. One flavor is chocolate & walnut & the other is blueberry. They both rock too! I wanted to bring them to the cookout.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/263882859391567664/
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/263882859391429179/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow me on Pinterest...