Friday, January 2, 2015

Dad issues....

I had a pretty good day today. I woke up kindof late and even though everything was covered in snow I took my butt out for a walk anyways. Yay me. The wind was awful :( But I am glad I went. It is more difficult to walk in snow and I had to be careful where I stepped because some areas were a bit slippery. But overall it went well.

I ate pretty well today. Under my calories. But I ended up being bored/hungry and grazed through lunch :( I bought too many snack type items. Even though they are find in moderation I just wanted to ravish them all. But I still did good so I am happy.

I got in an evening walk as well. It was much nicer this evening. No ugly wind. I walked down to the store near me and grabbed some strawberries which I had as a snack after dinner. And then I walked over to the pharmacy to pick up one of my prescriptions.

I needed some new vitamins and rite aid was having a sale buy one get one free so yay I lucked out there.

The bad news of the day is that I got a card from my father...which brought up alot of feelings. He said he would love to hear from me and life is too short. I haven't spoken to him in quite a long time. And the last time I did speak to him I told him I never wanted to talk to him ever again, disowned him and told him he was out of my life.

My father is a really bad guy. Not to get into it too much but He has done some unforgivable things and is currently in prison. And the general public would probably like to see him dead. My brother won't have anything to do with him either. My sister still talks to him sometimes but has told him in her world he would be dead so yeah.... He is a really bad person. My DH wants me to have no contact with him as well.

It isn't so easy for me to just write someone out of my life. I feel a prang of guilt. Like am I not a better person who could forgive? Are some things forgivable? Would writing him make me feel better? Make me feel anything at all? I could write him and tell him what I think of him but that just seems cruel. If he died tomorrow IDK if I would feel anything. So writing him would probably only be for his benefit, and I am not sure he deserves that.

Anyways on a lighter note....I am hoping tomorrow goes a bit better eating wise and just as great exercise wise. I am going to clean up my bedroom so I can have a spot to do yoga in.

I also joined a rep a day challenge, where each day of the year you add one more rep. I am doing push ups and squats. So yesterday I did one of each and today I did two of each as its the second. by the end of the year Ill have to do 365!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow me on Pinterest...